& Controls Systems
Electrical Programming & Controls Systems
An integrated control system, whether designing a new controls package or updating your existing system to a new controls scheme, is the most effective way to enhance any complex industrial manufacturing process. A well-designed control system not only ensures greater safety and hazard prevention, as well as increased efficiencies and reliability, while also allowing for precise monitoring for strict operating parameters.
All our control panels are custom-built in-house by our UL certified Electrical Department using the highest quality components and meet the latest NEC and Industry standards. From new equipment to upgrades and retrofits, our systems utilize the latest in Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls, HMI touch screen interfaces, and remote monitoring capabilities, resulting in a system which meets a range variable operational demands, while limiting operator oversight.
Before shipment all equipment, Epcon’s team conducts a full controls test, adjusting and tuning based on required setpoint temperatures and predetermined process variable ranges and inlet values. In addition, once installed, our in-field commissioning teams ensure all critical targets are met. Together the design of the air management system, PLC, remote sensors, and custom programming results in an integrated solution that delivers an easy-to-manage system controls.
Every industrial process application, across industries, has unique challenges and specific operating parameters. The best way to ensure the most efficient and safe operations of your production lines and thermal processing equipment, is to invest in a robust quality controls system. Our engineering team has customized solutions to improve a variety of manufacturing and plant processes.
Highlights of Control System Include :
- Highly sensitive thermocouples, constantly monitor the systems temperature; which automatically regulate system control valves for air flow, to ensure operating temperatures are always range.
- LEL sensors detects the VOCs concentration, and the actuators adjust the openings of various dampers, enabling continuous air flow and maintaining a constant pressure within the system.
- Pressure boundary values are defined and closely monitored, triggering a total system shut down to prevent flashbacks and explosions.
- Predefined excess air ratio is maintained at all times to enable complete combustion, despite fluctuations in the total process volume.
- Each burner is equipped with a microprocessor-based burner management system, with built-in purge and pilot timers, responsible for controlling all combustion-related aspects of the system.
- Recirculation fans and custom designed nozzles that induce the atomization of air, are strategically placed to optimize thermal distribution and enable uniform heat transfer.
- All features are independently controlled and adjusted automatically to ensure precise operating parameters are constantly maintained.