Epcon is proud to be an industry supplier to leading Air Conditioning Evaporator and Condenser manufacturers to help the industry faced with the challenge of eliminating hazardous solvent based degreasing materials from their processes. Epcon’s patented Thermal Deoiling System continues to provide the world’s leading evaporator and condenser manufacturers with the most cost effective solution for their de-oiling operations. To learn more about our technology and experience https://epconlp.com/industries_served/air-conditioning-manufacturing/
Curious about all the activities that go in inside an Industrial Manufacturing Facility? From laser cutting metal sheets, welding, electrical panel fabrication, painting and much more! Please join us for virtual tour, followed by a Q&A.
Oct 2, 2020 01:30 PM in Central Time (US and Canada)
In case you missed the recent HBS event hosted by Epcon’s Managing Director and local HBS Club Board Member, Tasha Jamaluddin, here is a recording of the event and slides from the presentation.
- Manufacturers added 26,000 workers in July, slowing from gains of 240,000 and 357,000 in May and June, respectively, but still a solid increase. Despite the increases seen over the past three months, however, manufacturing employment was down by 740,000 in July relative to the level seen in February, illustrating the steep climb still needed to get back to prepandemic levels.
- The U.S. economy added 1,763,000 workers in July, but the nonfarm sector has lost 12,881,000 jobs since February. The unemployment rate declined from 11.1% in June to 10.2% in July.
- The current outlook is for manufacturing employment to bounce back to roughly 12,450,000 million workers by year’s end, with an unemployment rate around 9%.
- The Institute for Supply Management® reported that manufacturing activity continued to rebound in July, expanding at the fastest pace since March 2019. The headline index was buoyed by strong growth for new orders and production, both of which had their best readings since autumn 2018. Employment remained weak, though, continuing to decline significantly.
- New orders for manufactured goods increased 6.2% in June, extending the 7.7% gain in May, as the sector tries to recover from severe COVID-19 disruptions in March and April. Durable and nondurable goods sales rose 7.6% and 5.0% in June, respectively. Yet, new factory orders have fallen by a sharp 10.6% since June 2019.
- The U.S. trade deficit declined from $54.80 billion in May, the highest point since December 2018, to $50.70 billion in June, with growth in goods exports rising faster than goods imports. Yet, U.S.-manufactured goods exports were off 17.17% year-to-date in 2020 relative to activity in the first half of 2019.
- After declining for six straight months, private manufacturing construction spending rose 1.7% from $70.86 billion in May to $72.07 billion in June. However, activity has fallen 9.1% year-over-year.
- We will be watching several key indicators this week, including updates on consumer and producer prices, industrial production, job openings and retail sales, among others. Manufacturing production was 11.1% lower in June than in February, and we will be looking for the sector to increase output in July. However, the sector still has a large gap to overcome to get back to the pace seen before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join Epcon’s Managing Director, Tasha Jamaluddin August 12th from 12:00 – 1:00 pm as she interviews Dr. Dirk Laukien of Black Forest Ventures on the impacts of COVID-19 and the outlook of the aviation industry, with major FBO Expansion plans underway in Houston and Dallas.
Epcon is proud to be featured on 22 pages of the Industrial Heating Magazine July Issue for our extensive product listing in the process heating and Industrial Ovens and Furnace designs.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is proposing amendments to the 2013 National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters. These amendments would further reduce toxic emissions from certain types of units and represent continued clean air progress made by the Trump Administration. This rule – known as the Boiler MACT – establishes emission standards for categories of boilers based on the maximum achievable control technologies (MACT).
Please contact EPCON to find out if your current Process Heating Equipment needs assessment and compliance measures.
Epcon was featured in Process Heating for our innovative system design for a major Coil Coating Application. Click the link http://digital.bnpmedia.com/publication/frame.php?i=651974&p=40&pn=&ver=html5 to read the full article on our RTO and Oven Designs . Also check us out on page 26!